Weighted Sales Pipeline
Sales Pipeline is the process by which an organization converts its sales opportunities (or leads) into sales.
This Tableau Accelerator allows you to:
- Conduct overall sales pipeline review
- Assess and improve your sales performance:
- Pipeline generation
- Ability to convert opportunities
- Understand & grow each opportunity owner's profile (based on profiling & recommended trainings)
- Breakdown your pipeline at any level of detail
- Focus your efforts on areas with best conversion
- Assess performance improvements over time
- Drill-back at Opportunity level of detail, directly in your Sales Pipeline Application and take immediate actions
Compared to a standard Pipeline, a Weighted Pipeline introduces the concept of "Probability of Closing" (expressed in %) for each opportunity, which allows a more accurate and realistic analysis of the pipeline.
Answer key business questions
- What is the size of our sales pipeline: overdue, short, medium, and long term?
- What was our ability to convert opportunities?
- Which opportunities do we have in our sales pipeline? Which opportunities do we win the most?
- How is our sales pipeline composed?
- Which account(s) drive our ability to convert opportunities?
Monitor and improve KPIs
- Pipeline Value: Total amount of open opportunities (expressed in currency)
- Weighted Pipeline Value: Total amount of open opportunities, weighted by probability of closing (expressed in currency)
- Nb of Open Opportunities: Number of opportunities that are currently open
- Nb of Opportunities: Total number of opportunities (open or closed)
- Avg Opportunity Size: Average amount of opportunities, whether they are open or closed (expressed in currency)
- Total Closed Opportunities Amount: Total amount of opportunities that are closed (expressed in currency)
- Total Sales: Total amount of opportunities won (expressed in amount)
- Nb of Closed Opportunities: Number of opportunities that are closed
- Nb of Won Opportunities: Number of opportunities that were won
- Nb of Lost Opportunities: Number of opportunities that were lost
- Sales Cycle: Average time it takes to close an opportunity (only considering won opportunities)
- Sales Cycle (won): Average time it takes to win an opportunity
- Sales Cycle (lost): Average time it takes to close an opportunity (only considering lost opportunities)
- Avg Deal Size (won): Average amount of won opportunities (expressed in currency)
- Won/Lost Rate: Share of the number of opportunities won in relation to the number of all closed opportunities (expressed in %)
- Conversion Rate: Share of the amount of opportunities won in relation to the amount of all closed opportunities (expressed in %)
- Sales Velocity: Determines how fast you are making money (you bring back about that much every day) (expressed in currency)
- Opportunity Id (string): Opportunity Unique Identifier
- Account (string): Customer/Prospect name
- Opportunity Owner (string): Owner of the opportunity
- Opportunity Type (string): Type of Opportunity
- Opportunity Description (string): Opportunity Description
- Opportunity Stage (string): Opportunity Stage (according to your standards)
- Open Flag (string) ← expected values: 'Y', 'N'. 'Y' means the opportunity is Open.
- Won Flag (string) ← expected values: 'Y', 'N'. 'Y' means the opportunity is Closed and Won.
- Created Date (date): Opportunity Creation Date
- (Estimated) Closed Date (date): Actual Closed Date is the opportunity is Closed, else Estimated Close Date
- Amount (numeric): Opportunity Amount
- Probability % (numeric): Probability to win the opportunity (0.5 stands for 50%)