The Tableau Accelerator for Google Ads gives you a jumpstart to getting data-driven insights for your website's awareness, engagement investment efficiency, top campaigns, most efficient keywords, and more.
Marketing campaign managers can use this Accelerator to better understand the efficiency of their marketing campaigns in Google Ads to improve campaign targeting.
Impressions are when an advertisement or any other form of digital media renders on a user's screen. It reflects the brand awareness of a website, while clicks define engagement.
CPM (cost per thousand impressions) represents how much you have spent to get 1,000 impressions.
Answer key business questions
- How efficient are our marketing investments?
- Do we increase awareness? Do we develop engagement?
- What are the most effective keywords to use in an advertisement?
- What is the performance of our top campaigns?
- How is the performance of our campaigns evolving?
Monitor and improve KPIs
- Total Cost
- Total Impressions
- Total Clicks
- Total Sessions
- Total Pageviews
- Total Bounces
- CPM (Cost per 1'000 impressions)
- CTR (Click-Through-Rate)
- Impressions per Click
- CPC (Cost per Click)
- Bounce %
- Avg Duration (s)
- Avg Pageviews
- Date (date) ← [ga:date]
- Destination URL (string) ← [Advertising - ga:adDestinationURL]
- Ad Distribution Network (string) ← [Advertising - ga:adDistributionNetwork]
- Campaign (string) ← [Advertising - ga:campaign]
- Ad Group (string) ← [Advertising - ga:adGroup]
- Ad Content (string) ← [Advertising - ga:adContent]
- Keyword (string) ← [Acquisition - ga:sourceMedium]
- Cost (numeric) ← [Advertising - ga:adCost]
- Impressions (numeric) ← [Advertising - ga:impressions]
- Clicks (numeric) ← [Advertising - ga:adClicks]
- PageViews (numeric) ← [Page Tracking - ga:pageviews]
- Sessions (numeric) ← [Session - ga:sessions]
- Bounces (numeric) ← [Session - ga:bounces]
- Time on Page (numeric) ← [Page Tracking - ga:timeOnPage]
- Session Duration (numeric) ← [Users - ga:sessionDuration]