Accounts Receivable, abbreviated as AR or A/R, are legally enforceable claims for payment held by a business for goods supplied or services rendered that debtors (customers) have ordered but not paid for.
This Tableau Accelerator allows you to:
- Accelerate cash collection from debtors
- Focus your efforts on non-reliable debtors
- Fairly estimate how much cash you will collect in the coming months
- Streamline cash collection efficiency for improved liquidity
- Implement late payment fee strategies
- Define A/R strategies by debtor segment
- Deep-dive at Debtor level of detail
- Drill-back at 'Invoice #' level of detail, directly in your Financial Application and take immediate actions
Answer key business questions
- How much money is owed to the company by customers/debtors?
- What is the aging of accounts receivable?
- Who are the customers with outstanding balances?
- Which ones require special attention?
- Where to focus our collection efforts?
- Which follow-up actions to prioritize?
- How timely are customers in making payments?
- How to anticipate potential issues with slow-paying customers?
- How effective is the company's credit and collection process?
- What amount of late payment fees would we have recovered at an annual interest rate?
Monitor and improve KPIs
- Total Outstanding Amount: Total amount that is still to be collected from debtors, including invoices which are still on-time to be paid (expressed in currency)
- Total Overdue Amount: Total amount that is still to be collected from debtors, and for which the payment is late (expressed in currency)
- Overdue Amount %: Share of overdue amount on total outstanding amount (expressed in %)
- Total Invoice Amount (cleared): Total invoice amount (only for cleared invoices)
- Total Invoice Amount: Total invoice amount
- Total Invoice Amount (cleared late): Total invoice amount (only for cleared invoices)
- Invoice Amount % (cleared late): Share of invoice amount collected overdue on total invoice amount (expressed in %)
Number of Invoices
- Nb Overdue Invoices (not cleared): Number of invoices that are not cleared yet, and for which the payment is late
- Nb Outstanding Invoices (not cleared): Number of invoices that are not cleared yet
- Nb Overdue Invoices (cleared): Number of invoices that are cleared, and for which the payment is late
- Nb Invoices (cleared): Number of cleared invoices
- Overdue Invoices % (cleared): Share of (cleared) invoices that were paid late
- Avg Actual Payment Terms: Average Duration between Invoice Date and Clearing Date, Weighted by the invoice amount
- Avg Agreed Payment Terms: Average Duration between Invoice Date and Due Date, Weighted by the invoice amount
- Avg Days Deviation from Due Date: Average number of days between the actual date of collection of an invoice and the date due, weighted by Invoice Amount (a negative value indicates that, on average, collections are made in advance of the due date)
- Nearest Invoice Due In: Indicates the number of days until the next outstanding invoice is due (excluding overdue invoices)
- Nb Debtors: Total number of debtors (whether they have outstanding invoices or not)
- Nb Debtors (with outstanding invoices): Total number of debtors having outstanding invoices
- Nb Debtors (with overdue invoices): Total number of debtors having overdue invoices
Late Payment Fees
- Total Late Payment Fees: Charge imposed on a debtor who fails to make the payment on an invoice by the due date
- Late fees impact on Cash Collected %: Impact of the late payment fees on the cash collected from the debtor (expressed in %)
- Invoice # (string): Invoice unique identifier
- Invoice Date (date): Date of the invoice
- Debtor (string): Debtor name, Customer
- Due Date (date): By when the invoice is due
- Cleared Flag (string) ← expected values: 'Y', 'N'. 'Y' means that no additional payment is expected
- Clearing Date (date): When the invoice was cleared
- Invoice Amount (numeric): Invoice amount
- Outstanding Amount (numeric): Amount which is still to be paid on the invoice