This Tableau Accelerator allows you to:
- Assess where you stand in your admission process and how it trends over the past weeks
- Appraise your admissions funnel
- Identify the most attractive/selective programs
- Focus your recruiting efforts on programs that need it most
- Assess your improvements in terms of selectivity and attractivity across intakes
In the academic world, “admissions” is the process by which the university/management school recruits new students. This process usually happens in three steps:
- Application: candidates submit their application
- Acceptance: after a selection process, applicants are notified of their acceptance or rejection
- Enrollment: when the candidate accept their admission, they are considered as enrolled students
Answer key business questions
- Are we able to generate new applications?
- What proportion of applicants choose to enroll after being offered admission?
- What are the top intakes and programs and what is their impact on the total enrollment?
- How fast are we able to recruit students?
- How attractive are we compared to the competition?
Monitor and improve KPIs
- Applications: Total number of applications received (including invalid applications)
- Invalid Applications: Total number of applications that are invalid (missing document for instance)
- Valid Applications: Total number of applications (excluding invalid applications)
- Withdrawn: Number of valid applications that were withdrawn by the applicant before being evaluated
- Withdrawn %: Share of applications that was withdrawn by the applicant before being evaluated (expressed in %)
- Applications Under Review: Total number of applications that are being reviewed
- Evaluated Applications: Number of applications that were evaluated (Accepted or Rejected)
- Rejected: Number of applications that were rejected
- Admitted: Total number of applications that were admitted
- Lost: Total number of applicants who were accepted and who finally declined it
- Admitted (total): Total number of admitted applications whether they have the status "Admitted", "Lost" or "Enrolled"
- Acceptance Rate: Share of Admitted applications on total evaluated admissions. Typically measures the selectivity of the academy.
- Enrolled: Total number of enrolled students
- Enrolled+Lost: Total number of enrolled and lost students
- Yield Rate: Share of admitted applicants who were enrolled. Represents the attractivity of the academy.
- Applicants: Total number of students who sent a valid application (excluding invalid applications)
- All Applicants: Total number of students who sent us an application (including invalid applications)
- Applications per Applicant: Average number of applications per applicant (including invalid applications)
- Applicant Age: Average age of applicants (when they apply)
- Academic Period (string): Name of the intake (e.g. "Fall 2019", "2019/2020"...)
- Academy (string): Name of the college, university, business school...
- Program / Section (string): Academic program in which the application is done
- Application Period Start Date (date): Start date of the application period for this program
- Application Period End Date (date): End date of the application period for this program
- Application Date (date): Date of application
- Applicant Id (string): Unique identifier of the applicant
- Valid Application Flag (string):"Y" if all the documents are received to review the application ← Expected values: "Y", "N"
- Application Status (string): Last application status
- "Under Review"
- "Withdrawn" (before Admitted/Reject assessment)
- "Lost" (the admitted applicant denied joining)
Understand the Data Model Requirements
The Accelerator shows data from these objects:
- Program Enrollment