Business Travel (Hotel)
This Tableau Accelerator allows you to:
- Assess & Optimize the volume of spend related to Hotel bookings
- Ensure that travelers follow booking policies
- Have a clear view of their travelers' booking behavior
- Understand how booking in advance impacts the hotel room price
- Identify most booked hotel chains and negotiate better conditions
Answer key business questions
- What is our volume of hotel spend?
- How and often do travelers do their booking, and what is their booking behavior?
- How is the online adoption rate changing? Does it translate into greater savings?
- Which hotel chains are the most booked in terms of volume of reservations?
Monitor and improve KPIs
- Total Booking Volume: Total amount invoiced for hotel bookings over the period (expressed in currency)
- Number of Bookings: Total number of bookings invoiced over the period
- Number of Nights: Total number of Nights invoiced over the period
- Nights per Booking: Average number of nights per booking invoiced over the period
- Average Room Price: Average price of rooms invoiced during the period (expressed in currency)
- Number of Travelers: Total number of travelers invoiced over the period
- Number of Bookings Made Online: Total number of bookings made online and invoiced over the period
- OAR - Online Adoption Rate: Share of bookings made online in the total number of bookings invoiced (expressed in %)
- ABW - Advance Booking Window: Average number of days between the booking date and the check-in date. This indicator is used to determine whether reservations are made early enough to benefit from the best prices (expressed in days)
- Lowest Rate Accepted %: Share of bookings made at the lowest rate out of all bookings invoiced over the period (expressed in %)
- Booking Volume per Traveler: Average total expenditure by travelers over the period (expressed in currency)
- Price vs Lowest Rate %: Average difference between the price of rooms at their lowest rate and their actual purchase price (expressed in %)
- Total △ Booking vs Lowest Fare: Total difference between the lowest available rate and the actual price for the room (expressed in currency)
- Average △ Price vs Lowest rate: Average difference between the lowest available rate and the room price (expressed in currency)
- Invoice Date (date): Date of invoice (all calculations and visualizations are based on this date)
- Booking Date (date): Date of booking
- Country PoS (string; role: country): Country from where the booking was done
- Hotel (string): Hotel name
- Hotel Chain (string): Hotel chain name
- Online Booking Flag (string) ← expected values: 'Y', 'N'. 'Y' is online booking.
- Hotel City (string; role: city): Destination City
- Hotel Country (string; role: country): Destination Country
- Reason Travel (string): Customer meeting, Internal meeting...
- Hotel Check-in Date (date): Hotel check-in date
- Traveler (string): Traveler name
- Lowest Rate Available (numeric): Lowest rate available in this hotel
- Hotel Room Amount (numeric): Actual room price per night
- Hotel Room Nights (numeric): Number of nights there were booked