The Accelerator for Gaming Analytics provides performance metrics from your game: it combines game telemetry and usage stats with marketplace, platform data, and outside sources, like social media, to provide you with a clear view of game playing patterns, consumption, and also revenue.
This Accelerator is designed to helping gaming customers
- Acquire new customers quickly and more easily;
- Improve the gamer experience;
- And track revenue and spending patterns in the game.
Lovelytics, a Salesforce Partner, built this Accelerator as part of their Gamehouse product, which is a Databricks Brickbuilder Solution. Check out their detailed blog post and architectural notes.
It's design to help studios of all sizes level-up their data and AI strategies by providing a framework for unifying all of your game and community data. Gamehouse provides a 360-degree view of their business that unlocks actionable insights for gamer acquisition, engagement, and retention.
Gamehouse overcomes several common analytics challenges for gaming companies, like the immense amount of data being generated constantly; diverse and siloed data sources and systems; and unwieldy customer data platforms; and, prominently, the skills needed to combine best-in-class AI practices with Analytics.
The gaming industry in the US along is generating more than $100bn in revenue, and this Accelerator from Lovelytics creates a platform for gaming companies to launch better, more targeted products faster by understanding exactly what customer interactions generate revenue.
Answer Key Business Questions
- How many people are playing our game, and when are they playing?
- What are the retention and churn rates by customer usage cohort?
- What types of in-game purchases are being made?
- What is social media sentiment?
- How is our platform performing? How often does it crash?
Monitor and Improve KPIs
- Daily Active Players
- In-Game Events
- Daily Purchases
- Game Crashes
- Total Players
- Seven-Day Retention Rate
- Seven-Day Churn Rate
- 30-Day Retention Rate
- 30-Day Churn Rate
- Players with Purchases
- Average Revenue per Player
- Purchases by Type
- Social Media Sentiment
- Social Media Toxicity Rating
Gamehouse combines several different types of data in the Databricks Medallion architectural model.
- Game Telemetry from the game engine, such as Unity, Unreal, Godot, GameMaker, CryEngine, or Amazing Lumberyard.
- Business KPIs, which come from structured data warehouses and measure the performance and success of a video game against its strategic and operational goals
- Game Services provide critical infrastructure that requires careful monitoring and management, like server hosting, multiplayer networking, matching, player voice and chat, and more.
- Data Beyond the Game, including social media data, forum data, and player reviews. Data sources will vary widely, but typically include social media sites like Reddit, Twitter, TikTok, and Facebook, video sites such as Twitch and YouTube, and player review sites like Steamworks and Epic Games Store.
These data sources are collected and filtered in the Bronze level of the Medallion architecture; joined and structured in the Silver level; and prepared for consumption in the Gold level.