Have you felt disillusioned with slow dashboard performance? You are not alone, and the only thing more frustrating than the loading circle itself is not having the data needed to articulate the slowdown. To address a slow dashboard, users need to know their current load speed, how that trends over time, how it compares to their peers and expectations, and who they can contact for help. This information will flag the need for action and inform of a plan on how to improve content. If this resonates, connect this accelerator to your Tableau Cloud instance, and make dashboard load times a challenge to overcome, rather than a mysterious antagonist.
If you have an on-premise deployment of Tableau, visit our on-prem Dashboard Load Times Accelerator
Answer Key Business Questions
- What is the average load time for dashboards on my site?
- How do load times differ by projects, workbooks and owners?
- Which dashboards should we prioritise improving based on the number of requests and the average load times?
- This Accelerator does not answer why a specific dashboard is slow. If this is of interest visit the Design Auditor Accelerator.
Required Data All Tableau Cloud Customer Admins have access to the ***Viz Load Times published data source located in the Admin Insights Project. Follow these steps to swap the generic accelerator data with your own:
- Download this accelerator
- Add the data source, Viz Load Times, from “Tableau Server”
- Click into any sheet. Select the “Data” dropdown from the top menu bar, and select “Replace Data Source.” Press OK.
- Publish the workbook and share with your users.