The Accelerator for Salesforce Nonprofit Performance provides you with revenue, donor, membership and campaign performance KPIs that enable you to make accurate forecasts and investments for your nonprofit.
Note: These dashboards are designed for organisations not using the Nonprofit Success Pack. If you have NPSP, download these Nonprofit Fundraising Accelerators and read the Trailhead Module to learn how to use them.
Answer Key Business Questions
- What is our revenue, and how is it trending versus prior periods?
- How many people donated, and where are they located?
- What’s the average gift amount, and what’s the average value of each donor to our organisation?
- What types of outreach and campaigns produce the most new donations?
- How well are our donor recruitment efforts working, and what is donor attrition and retention like?
- What types of campaigns and messages result in new donations?
- Which format are you using?
- Excel: Download the Fundraising & Marketing Performance Workbook. Save it somewhere easy to access, if needed.
- Google Sheets: Request access to the Google Sheets, and you will receive access to the file, then make a copy.
- Each of these has sample data that is used in this Accelerator, and you will need to replace this with your own data to it in the next step.
- Export and add required data from your own systems to the Donation and Campaigns tabs that you’ve just saved – do not change column header names.
- Use the charts and graphs to better understand your performance, or use Tableau connected to only the Donation and Campaigns tab (delete others)
- If using Tableau, open Tableau Desktop. If you don’t already have Tableau Desktop, download a free trial.
- Connect to your local version and Right-click on the sample data source (the one that loaded in the workbook natively) and select to REPLACE it with the data source that you loaded
- If any of the field names now are red or show errors, right-click on them individually and REPLACE REFERENCES by selecting them.
Workbook & Dashboard Resources
Join a Campfire on Tableau to learn how to Unlock Data, KPIs and Insights