This Tableau Accelerator allows you to reduce the impact of scraps on your production line. It shows production scraps along two perspectives:
- Management Perspective: Who should take corrective actions?
- by Plant
- by Work Centre
- Operational Perspective: Where must we focus our efforts to maximise impacts?
- by Scrap Reason
- by Material Category
- by Material
Reduce overall production costs and improve productivity:
- Identify top offenders
- Identify top emerging scraps
- Pinpoint top root causes of scraps
- Assess impact of past actions
Answer key business questions
- How are we affected by scraps?
- What are the top scrap reasons?
- What are the top offenders?
- Which materials drive scraps?
- How do scraps evolve by scrap reason?
Monitor and improve KPIs
- Total Produced Cost: Value of materials produced [excluding scrapped materials] (expressed in currency)
- Total Processed Cost: Value of materials processed [scrapped or produced] (expressed in currency)
- Total Scrap Cost: Value of scrapped materials (expressed in currency)
- Scrap Rate: Share of scrapped materials value on total processed materials (expressed in %)
- Date (date): Date
- Plant (string): Plant name
- Work Center (string): Work centre name
- Material Category (string): Material category, material type...
- Material (string): Material, Item...
- Scrap Reason (string): Scrap reason, Defect type....
- Scrap Cost (numeric): Value of scrapped materials
- Produced Cost (numeric): Value of produced materials (excluding scrapped materials)