Tableau Server Usage
by The Information Lab
The Information Lab's Tableau Server Usage Accelerator shows you what content is popular--and who is using what. You can connect this dashboard to the audit tables in your own Tableau Server Postgres database--while this Accelerator uses an anonymized extract, rather than a live connection, we've included images to show you how to connect it to your own database. Once you connect to your own data, replace the [Created At rel [today()]] field with the [Created At] date field by right-clicking on it and replacing it. You can self-serve and find out more at https://www.theinformationlab.co.uk/2019/03/14/project-griffon-admin-views-from-tableau-server/. This Accelerator is one of the Server Diagnostics Dashboards that The Information Lab provides for their customers.
Answer Key Business Questions
- What is the most popular content (Dashboard, Site, Project, Workbook) on our server?
- Who is accessing what content on our server?
- When is content being accessed?
- How many users account for x% of Views?
Monitor and Improve KPIs
- Top content views
- Top content consumers
- Top content viewed by user
- How many users account for x% of total content views