OpenSearch is a scalable, flexible, and extensible open-source software suite for search, analytics, and observability applications licensed under Apache 2.0. Powered by Apache Lucene and driven by the OpenSearch Project community, OpenSearch offers a vendor-agnostic toolset you can use to build secure, high-performance, cost-efficient applications. Use OpenSearch as an end-to-end solution or connect it with your preferred open-source tools or partner projects.
Besides basic filtering and aggregation, OpenSearch SQL also supports complex queries, such as querying semi-structured data, JOINs, set operations, sub-queries etc. Beyond the standard functions, OpenSearch functions are provided for better analytics and visualization. Please check our documentation for more details.
- Download the Connector file (.taco) from https://github.com/opensearch-project/sql-jdbc/blob/main/bi-connectors/TableauConnector/README.md.
- Move the .taco file here:
- Windows: C:\Users\[Windows User]\Documents\My Tableau Repository\Connectors
- macOS: /Users/[user]/Documents/My Tableau Repository/Connectors
- Start Tableau and under Connect, select the OpenSearch connector. (Note: You'll be prompted if the driver is not yet installed.
- OpenSearch Driver Installation:
- Go to the Driver Download page.
- Download the OpenSearch JDBC .jar file and move into the following directory:
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Tableau\Drivers
- macOS: /Users/[user]/Library/Tableau/Drivers
- Relaunch Tableau and connect using the OpenSearch connector.