Amazon Neptune is a fast, reliable, fully managed graph database service that makes it easy to build and run applications that work with highly connected datasets.
SQL is the de facto standard for data and analytics and one of the most popular languages among data engineers and data analysts. The Amazon Neptune JDBC driver provides a read-only SQL interface that allows SQL-based tools to easily access property graph and Resource Description Framework (RDF) data stored in Amazon Neptune using Gremlin, openCypher or SPARQL queries. With the Amazon Neptune JDBC driver, you can visualize data with Tableau Desktop and run SQL queries with developer tools like DbVisualizer.
- Download the Connector file (.taco) from https://github.com/aws/amazon-neptune-jdbc-driver/releases.
- Move the .taco file here:
- Windows: C:\Users[Windows User]\Documents\My Tableau Repository\Connectors
- macOS: /Users/[user]/Documents/My Tableau Repository/Connectors
- Start Tableau and under Connect, select the Amazon Neptune connector. (Note: You’ll be prompted if the driver is not yet installed.
- Amazon Neptune Driver Installation:
- Go to the Driver Download page.
- Download the Amazon Neptune Driver .jar file and move into the following directory:
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Tableau\Drivers
- macOS: /Users/[user]/Library/Tableau/Drivers
- Relaunch Tableau and connect using the Amazon Neptune connector.