Exasol is the fastest in-memory database built for analytics. With this connector you can connect to your Exasol database securely via TLS and authenticate through username and password or Kerberos.
1. Download the Connector file (
.taco) from the releases page on GitHub
2. Move the
.taco file here:
C:\Users\[Windows User]\Documents\My Tableau Repository\Connectors
/Users/[user]/Documents/My Tableau Repository/Connectors
3. Start Tableau and under Connect, select the Exasol JDBC connector. (Note: You’ll be prompted if the driver is not yet installed.)
4. Exasol JDBC Driver Installation:
- Go to the Exasol Download page and select an Exasol version.
- In the Download JDBC Driver section, download a JDBC driver for your platform and install it.
- Copy Exasol JDBC Driver
.jarfile into the following directory:
- macOS: /Users/[user]/Library/Tableau/Drivers
5. Relaunch Tableau and connect using the Exasol JDBC connector.