by Guidanz Inc
BI Connector provides an easy and efficient solution to transition users from OBIEE to Tableau. BI Connector enables users to visualize OBIEE Subject Areas and Reports with their favorite tool using their existing OBIEE credentials. The connector works seamlessly with OAC and OAS as well.
Users securely access only the data that they are authorized to access in OBIEE. With BI Connector, users eliminate the manual, cumbersome and repetitive export/import of OBIEE data. IT teams benefit from a smooth transition of users to Tableau without expensive re-engineering, testing, or retraining.
Configure the BI Connector for Tableau Desktop:
- Download and Install the BI Connector driver using this download link .
- Download BI Connector file (.taco).
- Copy your packaged connector file (.taco) to “_C:\Users[Windows User]\Documents\My Tableau Repository\Connectors_”.
- Restart the Tableau Desktop.
- Start Tableau and under Connect, select the BI Connector. (Note: You'll be prompted if the driver is not yet installed)
Configure the BI Connector for Tableau Server:
- Copy your packaged connector file (.taco) to “ _[Your Tableau Server Install Directory]/data/tabsvc/vizqlserver/Connectors_”. On a default install, this will be in the ProgramData folder.
- For example: "C:\ProgramData\Tableau\Tableau Server\data\tabsvc\vizqlserver\Connectors".
- Restart the Tableau Server.
Please refer to the BI Connector Installation Guide and User Guide for detailed instructions.
- Works with
- Tableau 2019.4 and later