- The chart presents a typical bubble chart but offers the capability of animating the bubbles through periods such as time. The bubbles resize and relocate for each period.
- Bubbles can be represented as images. For example, if the data represent countries, a flag image can be used in place of a bubble. The image resizes and relocates just as the bubble does. Image can be either a URL link or embedded as Base64 text.
- A user can pause the animation at any point and can then restart the animation or browse to the next or previous period.
- Tooltips present a dotted line to each axis and the value of the bubble/image.
- A variety of properties are available to the designer which include linear/log axes, show/hide pause panel, font/color editing and grouping options.
For information on using the Animated Bubble and Image Chart, see Animated Bubble/Image Chart User Guide
To view a YouTube video on using the chart, see Animated Bubble/Image Chart for Tableau
Check out a live demo here.
Tableau Public (2020.1 and later)
A license is required to use this extension beyond its trial